Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Photo by: Anahi Gallardo, taken by the Escondido city hall

I absolutely loved this project. The extended exposures project seemed tricky, at least that was my reaction to Ms.Young's explanation of the project. Luckily it turned amazing. I would say that my only problem now is that I keep wanting to take these photos! After watching some tutorials I realized that "extended exposures" doesn't necessarily mean one must go out in the middle of a freeway to capture head and tail lights. I came to understand that the camera's aperture can stay open for long periods of time and be helpful at the same time. I tried  some test shots at night with several lights near a playground and the products were astonishing. Every light even the most minuscule looked like beautiful bright stars and I love this effect/ So after that going into the city and looking for places with nice scenery and lots of lights, My dad helped me find in the middle of maple street this beautiful angle of the Escondido city hall. I was very fortunate to have had a car drive through the shot while the aperture was open. When I reviewed my 30 second shot I was astonished to find that I got the nice star effect from every light-post as well as the head and tail lights from the car that zoomed by. I'm ready for another one!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this picture I like how the light just flows threw and you also got city hall in the back. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photo of our hometown it captures how peaceful our city can be at times but one flaw is all the burntout lightposts still looks amazing

    ReplyDelete